What Changes Indian women are expecting from the society ?

Discussion in 'Women' started by Puneet, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Puneet

Puneet New Member

well i thought this should be the best India forum to have opinions on this topic as we have both Indian men and women here.There are no proper threads on what women are expecting from society.so I created thread.

What do Indian women want from the society ?

2. seetumail

seetumail New Member

Women just want equal status as men, their own space and and the freedom to do whatever is in her mind

3. amitkriit

amitkriit New Member

Changes we are talking about must be sustainable, what that means is that the changes we are talking about like equal rights to women must bring more harmony and equality to this society and both sides must change their conteporary mindset to make this change successful, society must provide equal opportunities to women and women must be willing to take equal burden and must seek less protection.

4. MAHAMMADHUSEN

MAHAMMADHUSEN New Member

Hi i complitly agree with you women should be treated equaly as men and they should have there own space and fredom.if all women think like this then y cant u act like that.
    womens say they want equal right then why they want reservation in every field,y they make themself weak in behaving.If you want equl right then take that by grabing it dont just say.why cant a women beat her husband back when he beat her drunk.Why cant u fight with those who teas you in roads untill u start doing this u cant be treated as equl as men.I can say only one thing to bring the change we need to change.It really hurt when i see a women getting beaten from her huband who needs to protect her,to see group of men teasing an girl on road.
    I respect all the women its just my thought when u say ur trully equal then dont ask for any reservation or protection show that u are equal

5. kousikmca

kousikmca New Member

Well, as all say I also agree that women should be treated equally. Also, they should first educate themselves in this respect. I strongly feel that they lack awareness of the outside world. It means they dont know what they exactly need to ask from this society. Talking about equality and simultaneously alloting seats for them in bus/train doesnt sound right (I sometimes feel why these women need seperate seats like senior citizens/disabled). So, they must educate themselves and take active part in every aspect of the society.
    And most important is the ones that are being cheated by men, this can be avoided merely by being aware of whats happening around us.

Most important stupidity of our society is that right from childhood, girls and boys are treated as two opposite polls (there is a proverb in some languages abt cotton and fire)
    This is absurd. This is the main reason for all flaws in the society. People should realize that men and women are not different.

Lots to say, but due to space constraint, I have to stop.. I dont mean whatever I say is correct. Anyone may challenge this and if it happens, it is the success of this forum