What are the issues that the NRIs in UK face?

Discussion in 'Indians Abroad' started by Indian_Girl, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Indian_Girl

Indian_Girl New Member

I have heard that all the Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladeshis are thought of belonging to the same category. Is it true? :rolleyes:

2. khush

khush New Member

I don't think its true but I also have heard that people over there are hard to identify.. UK people think that indians and paki's are all same to some extent.. they cannot differentiate between them..

3. quizzycal

quizzycal New Member

Identity crisis

The most serious issue that Indian face abroad; as in UK is severe identity crisis. We are not the same as Pakistanis, Bangladeshis or the Chinese. Thus a bit more specific than being called Asians would be preferable. India is a peaceful country and doesn’t want to get involved in hot debates all the time but it would not tolerate and kind of misjudgment that would harm our sentiments.

4. Suryavanshi

Suryavanshi New Member

What are the issues that NRIs In UK face.

Have too heard that citizens of UK or for that matter; any foreign nation, seems it difficult to differentiate between Indian, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis’. The reason that they give to support this, is that they find quite similarities with the look. Well if that is the reason of getting confused, it’s better to ask rather to assume. Secondly if looks can make them wonder so much, then even the Americans and British have similar looks, what can be said then?