Vembanad lake of Kerala

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Travelindia, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Travelindia

Travelindia New Member

India You can start your tour to visit the backwaters of kerala with the vembanad lake. This is the largest freshwater body in the state of gigantic 1512 kilometers and forms the heart of the state's famed backwaters. Port of Cochin sits at the point where lake meets the Arabian sea. Vembanad lake is also home to nearly 200000 water fowl. you can get here from kumarakom Village in Kottayam district which is served by bus routes.

2. techguru

techguru New Member

wow!! that;s great..
    it seems we must plan a vacation to Vembanad lake of Kerala.
    i have jsut seen some amazing pictures of the lake, the houseboats and the resorts nestling on the bank of the lake.
    also heard that its the longest lake in India.
    i've been looking for a place like this for my next vacation.
    i think its time to back the bags and make a move :)

3. techguru

techguru New Member

Land of Ayurveda

Cool…. In that case don’t forget to try some ayurvedic therapies out there. Kerala is also known as the land of Ayurveda. Its equable climate, natural forests with a wealth of medicinal plants and herbs and cool monsoon season from June to July and October to November are the best suited for Ayurvedic restorative and curative effects.
    Wish you Best of Journey :)

4. Greatindia

Greatindia New Member

The lake Vembanad of kerala is exquisite in itself for being a backwater lake. Usually we often visit fresh water lakes which are in the middle of terrains formed due to rains. But a backwater lake is something different where the sea water gets collected. The lake is well situated near by kottayam which is also a tourist place with number of churches that can be visited.