Small firearms

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by boyhere2010, Apr 16, 2010.

1. boyhere2010

boyhere2010 New Member

Doesn't India's woes start with the very smallest everytime? Well, here is another example. Indian army (BSF jawans) and paramilitary personnel use mostly two assault rifles...the AK and the other one is Insas. Much has been said about the problems with Insas, but Indian Ordnance factory keeps churning out the same old daddu rifles day after day. What is the point? In today's world, tactical warfare is of prime importance. Look at the NSG commandos. Remember them seeing during the 26/11 attacks? Almost every one of them was equipped with MP-5's, which are SMG's, effective at short distances. Of course, I agree in a hotel or a building, close range weapons are more effective. But the best ploy is to have a mixture of all kinds of weapons, to add the flexibility to the operation. Look at the commandos and even SWAT of US...they are equipped with varied range of weapons like Shotguns, SMG's and AUG or other automatic assault rifles with sophisticated scope.

Every year we hear crores of rupees being allotted in the budget for the army, but where does all that money go?? No prizes for guessing. Our dear Ministers pockets!

Soldiers still die due to lack of amenities in the northern fringes of the country, where guerrilla warfare is common. They freeze and starve, can you imagine?? I saw it some time back on a news channel. Meanwhile, our Ministers keep enjoying the pleasures of their loots!

2. Vamshi Chittaluri

Vamshi Chittaluri New Member

I understand this grief, that our soldiers, who are as well trained as many of the foreign countries but are equipped with, old model gun, the INSAS is an Indian version of the FN FAL, but the barrel, and wooden parts make the gun to jam, and unstable, it is time for them to move on to better weapons, like

sniper; Magnum, OR PSG
    Assult Rifles: Original FN FAL, or M4A1 Standards
    SMG's; UMP 45, and MP7
    and there are many more, we have seen that India has purchased 1 of the best rifles in the world, the tar 21, but the fact is that it is in such a low quantity! only 3500 guns for an army of 1.6million! we can improve....