Nationalists of India

Discussion in 'India' started by Saffron, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Saffron

Saffron New Member

When we talk about the nationalists of India, the name of Subhash Chandra Bose comes first. Bhagat singh , who took up arms and started armed struggle to liberate India from the hands of British will not also lag behind.

The persons who wanted to expand the boundary of India Nationalism to present Pakistan and Bangladesh before the partition and dreamt of an Akhand Bharat can be called nationalists or not? Are they greater nationalists? Let it be a matter of debate.

What will be the position of Jawaharlal Nehru? Was he a true nationalist?

Sachin Tendulkar, who openly declared at a critical moment that he is an Indian citizen first, is undoubtedly one of the most significant nationalists of the present time. We need more such Indians who take pride in giving a call for India. Can we get more celebrities in the list?

We have some politicians who openly ask for vote in the name of caste, region and so on. Can we get some politicians who will ask for vote in the name of nationalism? I am not talking about ideology of any political party. I am just talking about the tactics of election campaign that the political parties follow before any election. I am also talking about the lectures that they deliver before any meeting during election campaign.

We need more and more nationalists in our country. They may be politicians, Sports persons, Army men , Bollywood celebrities, businessman or an ordinary person. And then only we can dream of a stronger nation.

Jai Hind !

2. Desi

Desi New Member

In every corner of our country, many nationalists exists. They are not well known like the great leaders. But their nationalists ideologies are exemplary.

Gopinath Bordoloi was a great nationalist from Assam during the days of freedom struggle.
    Can any one tell us about such persons from other parts of India?