Nationalism is my religion

Discussion in 'India' started by Young, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Young

Young Peace is the Mission

The most popular definition of religion says, “Religion is any systematic approach to living that involves beliefs about one's origins, one's place in the world, or a responsibility to live and act in the world in particular ways.” If we analyze this definition, we find the following elements:

1. A systematic approach to living
    2. Beliefs about one's origin
    3. One’s place in the world
    4. Responsibility to live in the world in particular ways

If we go deeper into these elements, we find that we the Indians share the same answers for all the above mentioned elements.

We the people of India, behave in a particular way, speak in a specific way and we live in a specific way. It’s our characteristic, it’s our nationalistic character and it’s our religion. If we go to the root the term, we all Indians share the same religion and that is “nationalism.”

If we analyze from the etymological point of view, we find that the word “religion” is derived from the Latin word "religo" which means "good faith.” And all of us have good faith on our nation.

In Sanskrit word for “Religion” is “dharma”. The word “dharma” also means characteristic. Yes, someone’s characteristic is the religion. And it’s applicable to our nation too. Nationalism is our religion and the right interpretation of the term “religion” leads us to only nationalism.

Jai Hind ! Jai Bharat !

2. Yuva

Yuva New Member

Nationalism bring nation and state together

Nationalism is associated with nation. And our nation is India. What we are going to say that there should never exist some feelings like Bengali nationalism, Tamil nationalism, Assamese nationalism , Marathi Nationalism and so on. This type of nationalism is nothing but regionalism. It can never be termed as nationalism if we don’t take the whole nation into account.

Nationalism brings the nation and the states together and regionalism creates a rift between them.Nationalism is the feeling that is binding us together in spite of having so many differences and diversities.And it must be promoted for a stronger nation.

At the same time, we should not encourage narrow nationalism too. Narrow nationalism can be equally dangerous.In the name of nationalism we should not be skeptic to progressive thoughts and policies. Narrow nationalism may bring nation and state together but it also discourage us to think beyond the boundaries of our country.

Jai Hind !

Youth likes this.
  3. Desi

Desi New Member

You are right.

The ghost of regionalism should be controlled. Other wise it may create disintegration in our country. Many political parties are formed on the basis of regionalism. Election Commission should have policies to control them.

4. IamanINDIAN

IamanINDIAN New Member

Agree! We Indians should realize that if religion and nationalism are segregated, it could have negative implications on our nation altogether. We should imbibe nationalism in religion so that all the religions can have a common core abstract. All this has to be inculcated individually and collectively without which there cannot be a significant change in mindsets of Indians.

5. indiangirl

indiangirl New Member

Religion means what one believes in.It characterizes a person.Many bigoted people tend to promote religion in a negative way.Religion which defines a person should definitely be Nationalism.Nationalism should be our religion which unite us with a common culture,beliefs,values and lifestyles.

6. bharat

bharat New Member

Nationalism should be the sole religion of every Indian as it will be helpful in uniting every Indian on the basis of common culture, beliefs, values, etc. Religion however is nothing but a set of belief which is being followed by a group of individuals. By following Nationalism as religion, it is possible to bring the nation together and remove all the discrimination that is persisting.

7. traveller

traveller New Member

Nationalism is the only way that can bind every Indian despite of following different religions. Nationalism should be followed by every individual as religion as religion is nothing but a set of believes and ideologies. The feeling of nationalism can help in bringing the nation together and help in solving the issues faced by India today.

8. seema

seema New Member

Nationalism is definitely my religion and it should be the religion of every Indian. "Nation comes first" is the sole motto of Nationalism and if nationalism is preached as religion in India, many problems that India is facing will come to an end. The feeling of Nationalism has the ability to change the whole nation for better. Nationalism should be the sole religion in India.

9. youthens

youthens New Member

India is nation which is full of diversities and maintaining nationalism is one of the most difficult task in a nation that is full of diversities. However according to Nationalism, "India comes first and everything comes later". Nationalism is a feeling of being an Indian and it is the sole identity. Nationalism is my religion because I feel that I am Indian first and after that I belong to my the state or religion i come from.

10. VandeMataram

VandeMataram New Member

Nationalism is my religion and this is because I love my nation who gave me so much since I am born. For me India comes first and rest other things after that. I don't believe in any caste or religion and I only worship my motherland. I believe that Nationalism is the only way to unite the vast nation that is full of diversities.