Money for votes

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Indiaforce, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Indiaforce

Indiaforce New Member

There have been multiple cases where we can get to know that votes are being gained by certain political parties against money. Do you feel any solution for such cases?

2. karanthegreat

karanthegreat New Member

Solutions are there. But it can show results if we and everyone go for a step in the removal of this system of gaining votes against money. We should take some few steps in not supporting them with any votes. Only this can help a little bit.

3. warrior

warrior New Member

Buying votes

It’s a known fact that once a party manages to get the votes and wins the elections it seems to be in heaven and why not. Gaining a position in the Indian political system means a lot of money and power. But it’s embarrassing when you hear that candidates are offering open bribes to people to win their votes. It’s just not done…

4. Tigerr

Tigerr New Member

there are many cases that people are given money to cast their votes to the party. This is done mostly with the poorer sections of people who just come under the monetary influence and fall prey to these politicians. This should be avoided by having checks in such places where rurals and slums live.

5. nidhisood

nidhisood New Member

well, to be frank, if im ever offered money for voting, i will never deny. afterall, if a person is ready to offer me something, why should i say no.
    but, in return, i will never cats my vote against him!
    that's my fundamental right.
    to be true, if i plan to vote a particular candidate and he offers me bribe later, i will change my plan and vote for someone else. this is the true test of a political figure. if he's bribing you for votes, who will he spare and not bribe for his personla profits once in power?

6. Suryavanshi

Suryavanshi New Member

The rules of politics have undergone a complete 180 degree turn. Earlier there were ethics and sincerity involved in this profession. Being a politician meant lot of responsibility and dedication toward the country and its people without any selfishness. However, the politicians of today have made their own rules, which runs entirely in their benefit. Since in India, there are lots of people who are below poverty line and are illiterate, using this weakness the politician cash votes by merely showing them few coins. This is not the way they are helping the people of India, they are making them handicapped and in return they are gaining power, money and respect, which they actually do not deserve. The only solution that can break this illegal code of conduct is that once again we should all join hands to work together and support each other to rise and shine and then together we will help our country shine.

7. Idiotbox

Idiotbox New Member

many of the casted votes are because of money spilled out by the politicians. during the elections politicians waste huge piles of money to grab hold of peoples vote for their party. if they invest that money into development india would be a lot better place to live in.

8. R2India

R2India New Member

it has become a common practice for people to shed money to grab hold of votes. everyone is aware of this fact and yet very little is being done on this counterpart.. reason is even the ruling party throws money to get votes and so the culprits easily get away from such crimes. it is now upto the people not to fall prey into hands of such unworthy people.

9. National

National New Member

No rules, no regulations, who the hell cares, shed out money and you get votes.. this has become the new policy of politicians these days.. though there are laws to prevent such acts, the law itself is compromised... this is something worse that could happen. who could stop all this if the supreme law in whom we all believe gets compromised? i dont say this is the case all the time but it is most of the times.

10. rekhagupta

rekhagupta New Member

Yes, There are situations that arises when politicians gain votes through money. People of india are very poor and they can do anything to survive. Selling their vote for few bucks does not seem to be a bad idea for them. They are busy in earning their bread and butter and so the politician take benefit of their helplessness and buy their votes.

11. Leader

Leader New Member

There are at least thousands of poor people who do not even have a voter's id. Moreover, the electronic voting machines can be easily manipulated. I do not think that politicians now need to give money to voters. The Voter wouldn't even realize that clicking the Palm button might end up in a vote for the Lotus. It is a simple hack. The politician just needs to bribe the concerned officials and his work is done.

12. Greatindia

Greatindia New Member

now a days it has become a open fact to the people that votes are grabbed by throwing money. it is really shameful on governments counterpart that such views are aired openly and with proofs, yet very little is being done on this. some politicians are caught doing such acts but then only money is grabbed from them, but they are not prosecuted for some reasons. i think government must take a strong stand on this issue else people would lose their faith in unbiased voting system of india.