Microsoft Windows 7

Discussion in 'Technology' started by warrior, May 20, 2011.

1. warrior

warrior New Member

After the brickbats Microsoft received because of Windows Vista, it was obvious that they had to bring out something really good to quite the critics. And they did. Windows 7 was inaugurated with a lot of fanfare and it surely has managed to get positive reviews overall. This OS is something that Vista was supposed to be and it is in many ways better than what it was expected to be. But does it win on all accounts?

Microsoft Windows 7 Review:

The latest OS from the Microsoft stable is smooth, stable and polished. The security enhancements, the all- new tool bar and great graphical features are all worth talking about. With 6 versions for customers to choose from, this operating system clearly has its eyes on making the most of a varied mass. Installation is easy and actually there are several ways to do so. Upgrading is easy as well. The Aero Peek feature has been well appreciated as well. Streaming media files is also easy on the Windows 7 as long as the other computer too has the same OS installed in it. Combining other devices such as music players, phones and printers is dead easy as well. The search feature is better. Users who have a touch screen computer would also be satisfied with the experience. Security features too are enhanced.

Advantages of Windows 7 over Windows XP

People who are using Windows XP but want to buy Windows 7 should consider the advantages before taking the plunge. Firstly , the graphic user Interface of Windows 7 is a huge improvement from the Windows XP. The improved user interface makes operating the computer easy. It makes navigation easy. Secondly, media sharing capabilities of Windows 7 is a sure winner all the way. The drag and drop features and the option of sharing files with other computers are great. Thirdly, setting up of a home network is very easy on the Windows 7 OS as well. Fourthly, Microsoft has gone to great lengths at doing up the accessories as well. The calculator, Wordpad, Speech Recognition, Paint, etc. have got an all- new look and are easier to use. The Windows XP Mode is also a feature that has been highly appreciated. This version of the Windows OS is certainly a huge improvement from the Windows Vista disaster it received so many brickbats for.

Microsoft Windows 7 Availability in India

For Microsoft lovers in India, buying Windows 7 is easy. One can easily get it installed when one is buying a new computer or laptop. If you already have a Widows OS and would like to upgrade, you can go to Microsoft’s official website and order a copy. If not, you can buy a Windows 7 pack from you local computer store. The Windows 7 Home Basic pack is available for Rs 5899 while the Windows 7 Ultimate is available for Rs 11799. Other packs of the operating system are available for Rs 6799 and Rs 11199 respectively. For people who are upgrading, prices are going to be slightly lesser.

2. Alisha Sharma

Alisha Sharma New Member

I am using Windows 7 it is awesome and faster then Windows Xp.

3. R2India

R2India New Member

windows 7 is truly adds a new dimension to the operating systems like windows xp and windows vista. it is faster and with enhanced graphics. the graphic user interface is outstanding as it does not use much of the virtual memory. it is the best operating system for newer machines in my view

4. Leader

Leader New Member

I find windows 7 bit complicated to use. I prefer using windows 2003 and its good as i am used to it. I guess once you are comfortable with something you cannot lead anything other software. I tried using 7 but failed. The word document has many features but of no use to me :( hope I will get accustomed to that soon!

5. Greatindia

Greatindia New Member

Microsoft Windows 7 is something like a boon to the existing windows OS users. It has been enhanced after the launch of Vista, and has the features of advanced looks with better graphics. The over all user interface has been made much simpler and easier to access the applications which are already open. On the whole it gives the user a great experience of just browsing through one's own PC.

6. sweetangel

sweetangel New Member

Windows 7 is a better than vista and other versions. Second generation windows 7 is available in market, which is very fast and comfortable. Use windows 7 ultimate rather than home basic. Home basic shows many problems with programs.

7. khushboo

khushboo New Member

Yes, Windows 7 home basic does show many problems with programs. My genuine window7 home basic doesn't support many media files. It actually makes and made people confront many problems with home basics. I'm planning to get windows 7 ultimate even if it costs high for me. Windows 7 ultimate is very good for business use.

8. culture

culture New Member

Windows 7 has got its own pros and cons. For users who prefer latest outlooks and user interface, Windows 7 is the one. But being a new OS there are few applications which do not comply with it. Other than this, i think its the best package for an OS with enhanced performance and accessibility.