Let us discuss the diversity of India

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Vinipathak, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Vinipathak

Vinipathak New Member

hi friends Happy Holi

as we all know that India has 28 states and 7 union territories and each one is diverse from each other, yes its insane to support regionalism but on the other hand the beautiful and characteristic diversity is what which makes each region special. And this is because of its people.

Hey friends here I don't want to discuss any geographic or political issue but just being a common person just want to share my perception and views people of my state (M.P.) and how we are.......
    Well here the people are still very much cultural, a bit conventional, like Mumbai and Bangore here is not much corporate culture.
    Here people value virtues and words, very lively and very amicable and very helping we are found of food and specially Namakin, wont be wrong to say that here the youngsters live to eat:D

Here family matters more than profession, despite of being busy almost every family spares some time and spent time out dinning together or meeting with cousins (so if you are planning 4 a business here a family restaurant will work.)

Hey friends so what about your state and people, I invite all the members to please share their views and perception about the culture and people of your respective states.:)

and yes if you visit M.P. don't forget to get some packets of Namakin from here, its the best :D

2. Travelindia

Travelindia New Member

Let us discuss the diveristy of India

Uttar Pradesh is one of the biggest states of India. Though it is heavily dominated by politician, but now it is equally getting empowered by the corporate sectors as well. Here you will find more traces of the history related with the British and the Muslim invasions. This state’s governs all types of lifestyles, from slow business to show business, all add to the beauty of this state. From Banaras to City of Nawabs and finally to extended version of metropolitan cities, all types of lifestyle are welcomed here. This state is a melting pot of people from all over the nation.

3. techguru

techguru New Member

Unity in diversity

India is known for ' Unity in Diversity'.
    India is a country with diversities in languages, food, attire, customs, rituals, religion, caste and what not. Even the four corners of our country are like four entirely different worlds with nothing in common other than being an Indian. I am proud to be a part of such a rich country

4. Tigerr

Tigerr New Member

well im from rajasthan and i guess it is very famous all over the world for its colorful traditions and rituals. it has got the thar desert, the only desert in india. the people here are very colorful and vibrant attracting people from fart distant places. it has got many historical places like jaisalmer, jaipur the pink city, udaipur, mount abu.. and many more. there are many delicacies famous here too like the raj bhog and sangri ki sabji.

5. R2India

R2India New Member

india is diverse in many aspects and to name few, there is a great cultural diversity which cannot be seen anywhere in the world within a country. people speak more than thousand languages and dialects which vary from region to region. the traditions of each region are hallmark of their own territory. for example people of andhra pradesh eat mostly food made of rice and celebrate pongal which is their own hallmark