Kalka Shimla Railway- World's Heritage

Discussion in 'History & Culture' started by Travelindia, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Travelindia

Travelindia New Member

Kalka–Shimla Railway celebrated its centenary year in July 2003 and has also been declared a World Heritage by UNESCO. The history behind the evolution of this railway glorifies Indian talent. When British Engineering had given up to the tough Himalayan hills, it was an illiterate Indian named ‘Bhalku’ who guided them to lay the tracks from kalka till shimla.

2. techguru

techguru New Member

Wonderful Engineering

It was really great to know about the achievement made by the Indian Railways and even ancient Indian Engineer.
    Really want to know How he did it??
    There must be some magic as i know that since then no further progress has ever been made on the track. Shimla was and still is the last stoppage.

Next time I am going to shimla by train.

3. Tigerr

Tigerr New Member

this story makes me feel proud of india, as it proves that even without education, if we have zeal to do or achieve something we can succeed in it. i think we should promote this so that all of us indians know what our history has in it. this can be an inspiration to the present people living in suburbs and rural.

4. R2India

R2India New Member

interesting story.. i think such stories must be incorporated in early academics of schooling children so that they can have an inspirational motive in life. we study a lot about foreigners but ignore our own nation which has got immense talent in every field. the only draw back is lack of recognizing that talent and nurturing it to perfection.