Gang rape in Delhi, India

Discussion in 'Issues of India' started by sakshi sharma, Feb 25, 2013.

1. sakshi sharma

sakshi sharma New Member

The December 2012 gang rape is sign for shame! I am seriously annoyed that the rapists weren't given hanged to death punishment. The innocent girl lost her life with cruelty imposed on her mentally and physically then why not the culprits?

In fact, after the incident there have been so many other rape cases as well. This just shows how weak are the laws, policies and the security measures! Straight away the question points to the Government. What are they doing and why are they doing?

2. bharat

bharat New Member

Even after the December 2012 gang rape, which created a lot of hue and cry, there were several other incidents of rapes and other violence against women. This is not due to the weak laws but rather due to weak implementation of laws. Apart from this, it is mainly due to the mindset of people. Indian society is still a male dominated society and because of this, the various cases of violence against women are still reported. Only with the change in the mindset, these crimes can be averted.

3. traveller

traveller New Member

After the gang rape of a medical student in Delhi, which created a lot of havoc in the whole country last year, another gang rape took place in the city few days back, where a 5-year old girl was raped by two men. This is a matter of utter disgrace that despite of making anti-rape laws, such crimes are still going on. I believe that unless and until the mindset of people are changed, no law or protest or any other such thing can prevent such crimes. What do you think?

4. anilshetty

anilshetty New Member

Even, I'm thinking in the same way. Why not laws do with fast while other countries like Saudi, Arab states are doing spot decisions. At least after interrogating the criminals, the court should proceed to give judgement without taking it too longer. However, we're not the one to point the law, still we can ask for a justice that is all we want to stop such incidents again or at least to try to stop. Criminals get fear in mind only when caught criminals get a severe punishment. Waiting with a hope :( Hoping for a better tomorrow, hoping for a brighter future of India.