Best Small Car in India

Discussion in 'Cars' started by priyanka.sinha, Jul 1, 2011.

1. priyanka.sinha

priyanka.sinha New Member

After the collaboration of Suzuki with Maruti, The Maruti Suzuki becomes the leading car maker in the international market. In A2 segment Maruti swift is the highest selling car. In small car market majority of the share is enjoyed by the company. The Suzuki is the Japanese motor corporation whereas Maruti is the Indian government’s motor company. Earlier this company was called as maruti Udyog. It was first established in the year 1981. After the merger in the year 2007 Suzuki holds the major share. Headquarter of the company is situated in Gurgaon which is in Haryana state.

Maruti Suzuki is one of the India’s largest car seller in the Automobile market. Usually Maruti cars become the car of the year. The company is the first car maker in India and sells over more than a million Cars in India. The Indian government use to hold 18.28% of share but later on these are sold to financial institutions in the year 2003. Now government does not hold any stake. Maruti annually sells 730,000 cars and also exports 50,000 cars.

The first model of Maruti was Maruti 800 which was a huge success and had competition with Ambassador and Premier Padmini. In 2004 it was the first preference by most of the people. After the success of 800, comes alto which also proved success in Automobiles Market.

The company always understands the customer needs and comes with cars which are less expensive and small cars. There is also another advantage in buying small cars, as Indian roads are not in good condition so these cars will deliver high performance. Also Indians are very price and mileage conscious so they always prefer buying small car. Maruti swift now has become the most preferred choice of young Indians . It comes in both the varieties- diesel and petrol. At the same time it is cost effective. So according to me the best small car in India is swift.

2. sweetangel

sweetangel New Member

Nano is the smallest car right now in india but I do not think from any point of view is the best car in small size in the nation. I guess maruti 800, swift and i10 are making the buzz these days. these cars are indeed the best when you talk about small cars in india. i20 is also gaining popularity day by day among people who like to travel through small cars and planning to buy as this car is very spacious and comfortable to sit.

3. Greatindia

Greatindia New Member

There are many small cars being launched in india by various companies. Maruti Suzuki's Swift has done pretty well in the segment. Swift has now been called off from production and a newer and enhanced model of it would be launched shortly. Other cars like i10, hyundai Getz, Chevrolet's Beat are also doing good in this segment.

4. Economist

Economist New Member

It was swift desire earlier but these days the popularity of beat and other cars such as polo, getz and i20 are in vague. You can buy these cars if you are looking for good average and low maintenance cars. You should buy these cars at affordable rates from the market in vairious colors with high comfort. never go for NANO as it is facing hell lot of a problem.

5. khushboo

khushboo New Member

Indian Car Market is growing high. India became 4th largest automobiles exporter in Asia in 2009, following Japan, South Korea, Thailand. Indian car market was 9th largest in world with over 2.3 million units annual production. Passenger-car sales each month passed 100,000 units in 2009 February. If you want to buy small car then it is always good to search the market on your own. Still beats rules the charts!

6. culture

culture New Member

In my view the best car would Beat because it is a small and cozy car which comes at an economic price. At the same time is pretty much fuel efficient and delivers good performance. Overall i think it is the best package for a middle class family looking out for a small car to make their dreams come true.

7. bharat

bharat New Member

The automobile industry in India is growing at a rapid speed. many new cars are being introduced in the market today by different companies. NANO is definitely the smallest car in India which is manufactured by Tata Motor Corp. but due to several problems withing the car, it cannot be titled as the best car. However, Hyundai has launched its new car Hyundai EON which is a small car but every comfortable and has performed well in Indian Roads.

8. traveller

traveller New Member

Tata Nano is the smallest car designed in India. However, it cannot be regarded as the best small car in India as it has many faults. Among the best small car, Hyundai i10 according to me is the best among all the small cars in India as it is very comfortable and spacious as well as it has performed quite well in the Indian roads.